Summer H. Kaiawe concentrates her practice in the areas of business and real estate litigation, intellectual property, and land use and environmental law.
Ms. Kaiawe has experience in a variety of litigation cases, including those in the areas of patent infringement, contract disputes, quiet title, title insurance and escrow, lender liability, seller’s real property disclosure and boundary disputes, and wrongful death. Ms. Kaiawe also advises clients on a range of intellectual property matters, including the registration and protection of trademarks and copyrights, licensing, and privacy and publicity rights. Certified with an Environmental Law Certificate from the William S. Richardson School of Law, Ms. Kaiawe has also advised clients regarding compliance with state and federal underground storage tank regulations, CERCLA liability, and due diligence in connection with real property transactions.
Ms. Kaiawe is committed to giving back to the local community, and currently serves on the Boards of Directors for several non-profit organizations, including Aloha Harvest, the Hawaii State Bar Association Young Lawyer’s Division, and the William S. Richardson School of Law Alumni Association.
While in law school, Ms. Kaiawe served as a class representative on the Student Bar Association, a board member of the Law and Business Organization, a member of the American Inns of Court, and competed on the Client Counseling Moot Court Team. She also served as the 2010 Linnel Nishioka Environmental Law Fellow.
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Management and Professional Design Law Group
- Government Contracts and Procurement Group
- Intellectual Property, Technology and Internet Law Group
- Non-Profits Group
- Land Use and Environmental Group
- University of Hawaii, William S. Richardson School of Law, J.D. cum laude, 2011
- Environmental Law Certificate, 2011
- 2010 Linnel Nishioka Environmental Law Fellow
- University of Hawaii, Shidler College of Business, Master of Accounting, 2008
- University of Hawaii, BBA in Accounting, 2007